Addictions can be a substance, thing or activity. Whether you have an addition or are a loved one looking for more information on how to help, we can be of assistance.
Addiction symptoms and behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Feeling the need (for the substance/thing/activity) regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges (for the substance/thing/activity)
- Over time, needing more to get the same effect/feeling once had
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the substance/thing
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to obtain the substance/thing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the substance
- Failed attempts to quit the substance/thing/activity
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.